Landis Decorating - Ruined our Canvas Awning

We purchased a 20x16 Canvas Awning from Landis Decorating Quakertown PA, that replaced a Sunbrella Awning that Richard Landis said was the wrong material to be used on a non-retractable Awning.

Our patio is another room for us. It has always been dry and no matter how hard it rains, not a drop of rain can be felt. That is until Landis told us we needed to have our Awning restitched. This was expensive to have done and since then our Awning from Landis Decorating has leaked.

Not just a drop here or there, but everything gets soaked! This is because when it was restitched, they did not follow the same holes as the stitching that was taken out. That created Holes in the Awning that allows water to come in. A lot of holes and a lot of water!

It can be seen clearly how the stitching just goes off to the side leaving holes, then realigns. I spoke to Linda Degan part owner about this, she was sarcastic as usual and said that when it was put up waterproofing was put on. Linda sent out Rick who is an installer and did the waterproofing when he put up the Awning. Rick said he doesn't know what else could be done, they do not sell Canvas Awning anymore, everything is Sunbrella.

How about that! I told him what Richard had told my wife and I when he sold us our Canvas Awning. I also showed him pictures that I had taken of the holes (which are easily visible) and the patio and all the furniture with cushions soaking wet from the rain. Rick told me he would show them to Linda Degan.

After a week and half Linda phoned and said Richard Landis part owner would be coming out. Well today was the day! Richard came, with a Chip on his shoulder and started snapping pictures with his cell phone. He ask what was he supposed to do?

Stitching is not guaranteed he said! He told me he would refund the $300. they charged to waterproof the awning and put it towards a new one. He kept saying our Awning was old, I told him we had no problems until it was restitched.

Richard again and again said it's not guaranteed! I told him we have been a customer for many years. He didn't care, becoming agitated and sarcastic.

They he measures the Awning and said he'll give us $300.towards a new one, that's it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 13, 2013 #741808 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Retractable awnings are to provide shade only... Not one manufacturer will tell you it's Okay to leave it out in the rain... sounds like you're just looking for something for nothing.

0 0 Reply

Jun 03, 2012 #490187

Take them to small claims court.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.