Landis Decorating - Ruined our Canvas Awning
We purchased a 20x16 Canvas Awning from Landis Decorating Inc.in Quakertown PA, that replaced a Sunbrella Awning that Richard Landis said was the wrong material to be used on a non-retractable Awning.
Our patio is another room for us. It has always been dry and no matter how hard it rains, not a drop of rain can be felt. That is until Landis told us we needed to have our Awning restitched. This was expensive to have done and since then our Awning from Landis Decorating has leaked.
Not just a drop here or there, but everything gets soaked! This is because when it was restitched, they did not follow the same holes as the stitching that was taken out. That created Holes in the Awning that allows water to come in. A lot of holes and a lot of water!
It can be seen clearly how the stitching just goes off to the side leaving holes, then realigns. I spoke to Linda Degan part owner about this, she was sarcastic as usual and said that when it was put up waterproofing was put on. Linda sent out Rick who is an installer and did the waterproofing when he put up the Awning. Rick said he doesn't know what else could be done, they do not sell Canvas Awning anymore, everything is Sunbrella.
How about that! I told him what Richard had told my wife and I when he sold us our Canvas Awning. I also showed him pictures that I had taken of the holes (which are easily visible) and the patio and all the furniture with cushions soaking wet from the rain. Rick told me he would show them to Linda Degan.
After a week and half Linda phoned and said Richard Landis part owner would be coming out. Well today was the day! Richard came, with a Chip on his shoulder and started snapping pictures with his cell phone. He ask what was he supposed to do?
Stitching is not guaranteed he said! He told me he would refund the $300. they charged to waterproof the awning and put it towards a new one. He kept saying our Awning was old, I told him we had no problems until it was restitched.
Richard again and again said it's not guaranteed! I told him we have been a customer for many years. He didn't care, becoming agitated and sarcastic.
They he measures the Awning and said he'll give us $300.towards a new one, that's it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canvas Awning
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "We have a Marvin sliding glass patio door that's 6 years old. While I was at home reading around 7:30 the other night, I heard a big pop. The door's..."
- "I threatened a class action lawsuit if I didn't receive my products within the next two weeks. Instead of complying...they completely refunded my money. Thought that was interesting: From: Erin Nugent..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."